In the back of an inn located in Mondovì, a small laboratory of fresh pasta and artisan pastry was born in 1919.Ask for information
In less than 5 years, the small tavern was transformed into a craft workshop with an area of approximately 200 m2 and a daily production of approximately 100 kg. The war unfortunately slows down the development of numerous activities and around 1940 also this innovative reality spends a period of stall. The real commercial renaissance took place after 1945, when Michelis promptly responded to the reconstruction of Italy, creating a distribution network in the Monregalese area and in some neighboring countries.
In 1962 the continuously developing business passed into the hands of Mr. Michelis' son. Egidio, always showing interest in the sector and following his father's business philosophy, founded on the search for product quality, wastes no time and activates a store in Loano in the province of Savona.
It is in 1974 that the market requires new products from the company. Alongside the traditional meliga pastries and pies, cakes (with hazelnut, almond, walnut, chestnut) are added, made according to ancient recipes. The "Michelis confectionery" was born. And it is immediately center
The increase in demand, due to the continuity and quality of the service, combined with the new health and hygiene regulations, led in 1993 to the decision to build a new factory.
The new, large fresh pasta laboratory, one of the first in Italy to obtain certification from CSQA on the traceability of raw materials (UNI 11020: 02), presents major technological innovations inside. Egidio anticipates future market needs and invests in ultra-modern protective atmosphere packaging lines. The goal of further increasing the hygienic quality of the product, promoting its preservation, and, consequently, widening the territorial boundaries of customers, is centered without distorting the high artisan quality of the products.